((Bless this post oh my fuck.))
((Okay, see…this ire of mine is not directed to the person who I am reblogging from.
But there is not a single panel in this comic that is not painfully wrong, offensive, stereotypical, and jerkish. If you are the guy in green “Why do women only like jerks and not nice guys like ME?” You are emotionally manipulative, needy, and a Nice Guy (TM) and you are not a guy for dating. [Nice Guy, you ask?]
If you are the woman in purple, you are shaming other women for being feminine, liking pink, and here’s the kicker — having breasts. Wow. You’re just an asshole. That is literally the only traits we are given for a nondescript pink cartoon woman. She has bigger boobs, longer hair and she’s happy. That does not make her a bitchy bimbo.
IDK what on earth this blue guy is doing, we’re supposed to think he’s an ass by this comic’s standards, and frankly, if he’s with pink girl and he wants to be with purple girl, he is. But lets’ be honest, purple and green deserve each other, blue guy should be dumped, and pink woman is awesome.
Not to contradict Missturdle, but having seen a lot of Humon’s(original artist) work, and read a lot of her own commentaries on her images, I think it’s entirely possible that the point you just made was the point she was trying to make in the first place. Hence why Pink seems to be an okay gal, and the reason why Gamer Girl is, in fact, depicted as a “gamer girl”—because while a lot of gamer gals are super gals, there is a bit of a reputation out there for gamer girls hating on “big-boobed bimbos”, or “pretty” girls, in general. Also why she’s specifically included the catchphrase of Nice Guys everywhere, it being, “why do women always fall for jerks?”
I don’t know Humon personally, but I feel pretty familiar with her sense of humor and her motivation behind her pieces like these.
Having found the image in her gallery with her commentary, I’ll go ahead and include some of it:
‘I’m so tired of being asked “Why do women only like jerks”/”Why do guys only want bimbos?”
I’m a chubby little geek girl, but in every school or workplace I’ve been to there has always been one or two guys who liked me, ranging from total geeks to the football hero. So obviously not all men want a “bimbo”. You just have to keep your eyes open.’
So I was a little off in my original guess, but I still think Humon’s not actually trying to say anything you think she’s saying. She’s portraying the stereotype of what some people say other people always want.
This is what she does. She shows off the stereotype as other people always set it up, and then adds her commentary to explain it. Humon isn’t calling Pink a big-boobed bimbo, she’s commentating on the fact that other people call Pink’s type bimbos. She even adds an edit at the bottom of her commentary in response to other people’s comments:
“EDIT: Jesus people! Why isn’t the pink woman allowed to be happy? ”
So you basically absorbed all the stereotypes in this without absorbing the satire behind it. I don’t blame you for it, you don’t know the artist, and frankly, if I didn’t know of Humon and her sense of humour I probably would have agreed with you on the spot.
I think you should definitely check out Humon on her deviantart, because she’s really a very non-gender-traditional person. She loves screwing around with genders, gender roles, and right now she’s even doing a series on interesting animal gender flip-flops, like spotted hyenas, sea horses, and certain fish.
Normally I don’t do this kind of thing but I really like Humon and I really don’t want someone to have the wrong impression of her.
- hibari-hime reblogged this from potassium-iodide
- livelouderx3 reblogged this from rattataratti and added:
- dreaming-of-something-different reblogged this from rattataratti
- rattataratti reblogged this from noblankpaper
- rattataratti likes this
- down-with-the-dad-dignitary likes this
- stupid-personal-things reblogged this from ishimeowru
- i-want-to-be-your-everything reblogged this from doingeverythingtokeepyou
- unconditinalytrill reblogged this from doingeverythingtokeepyou
- glo-wyrm likes this
- dream-more-care-less reblogged this from doingeverythingtokeepyou
- findingoutwhereiwentwrong likes this
- findingoutwhereiwentwrong reblogged this from doingeverythingtokeepyou
- shannnon-rossse-xoxo likes this
- dysfunctional-mysfit likes this
- katies-green-eyes likes this
- katies-green-eyes reblogged this from adtr-ttm
- woodstocktool likes this
- woodstocktool reblogged this from doingeverythingtokeepyou
- adtr-ttm reblogged this from im-young-forever
- im-young-forever reblogged this from drugs-love-tequila
- drugs-love-tequila reblogged this from doingeverythingtokeepyou
- itsbanksbitches likes this
- foreversela69 reblogged this from doingeverythingtokeepyou
- overdosed-on-my-thoughts reblogged this from doingeverythingtokeepyou
- w4rnings likes this
- thatswhatshethinksx3 reblogged this from doingeverythingtokeepyou
- m4ster-sh4ke reblogged this from doingeverythingtokeepyou
- kaitlynlenhart reblogged this from doingeverythingtokeepyou
- doingeverythingtokeepyou reblogged this from faithhopedestiny
- lvlupp reblogged this from faithhopedestiny
- iloveyouliketherain reblogged this from faithhopedestiny
- equity-over-equality likes this
- equity-over-equality reblogged this from faithhopedestiny
- faithhopedestiny reblogged this from blackdiam0ndd
- fuckyeah-toinfinityandbeyond reblogged this from oneoriginalt
- oneoriginalt reblogged this from ema3nchanted
- satisfy-wanderlust likes this
- siyaaa reblogged this from and-we-were-infinite
- californialovelife101 reblogged this from taylor-whoran
- and-we-were-infinite reblogged this from myfavorite3xpl0sion
- we-are-the-heroes reblogged this from misha-amigos
- onlylovecansetusfree likes this
- r-adiatinghate reblogged this from pingliathetalkingwaffle
- pingliathetalkingwaffle reblogged this from lotsofcoffeelove
- misha-amigos reblogged this from taylor-whoran
- hash-slinging-slasherrr likes this
- obey-me-whore-69 reblogged this from taylor-whoran
- i-came-to-win-to-fly-95 reblogged this from taylor-whoran
- periodmixtape reblogged this from lotsofcoffeelove